Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: NISMO_RB25 Texas 818S Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

NISMO_RB25 Texas 818S Build

Hi Everyone,

I decided it was time to finally start posting the progress on my build. I have my first child due on Thanksgiving, so my progress may be a bit slow over the next 6 weeks. I am on a sabbatical from work until early January, so as long as I can sneak out of the house every once in a while the updates will continue. Building a kit car has been a dream of mine for a long time, but I wanted something with a turbo and not a replica. The 818S is exactly the kind of build I was looking for and like many of you I put my deposit down a year ago and then started looking for a donor.

Before we get to the build here is a quick shot of my daily driver and the truck I use to get parts and take out the trash. My addiction to boost isn't limited to any one manufacturer although I will admit the Skyline was my dream car and I got it for a great price. it is one of the federally legal ones.
    GTR&Syclone.jpg

The donor was a 2006 WRX Wagon with 119K miles. Most fun negotiation ever when I explained that I was going to tear the entire car apart and I could careless that the body and interior were near perfect. I drove it for several months until the water pump went out. Once I got it apart I found it had a brand new timing belt and pulleys, but they had failed to replace the pump at that time. I will never understand why anyone would do a timing belt and not replace the pump while you are there.

wrx before.jpg

Why everyone needs a truck.
    halling parts.jpg

Reason 428 to own an old backhoe. Apparently the hay fork can also be used to lift a stripped out wrx to put it on a trailer. That cowboy hat is my father as we both laughed that once again the backhoe was the solution.

Donor vs backhoe.jpg
    Last edited by NISMO_RB25; 11-25-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    1995 Nissan Skyline GTR VSpec
    818S in progress.