Time to start my build thread! Wow, it really is time. My completion date was September 27th so I’m waiting for Stewart to ship the new “chile” home. Delivery is set for this Saturday…

As I look at the build threads that I’ve followed, I feel a bit sheepish starting my own. So much helpful information has come through those early threads, so I don’t want to repeat a bunch of stuff. I’d much rather add info/tips that are not out there already.

Mine is not a single-donor build. Since I’m doing an R-car and this is a pure race car, I didn’t want to rely on too many used parts. I’ll be doing some novel things in terms of suspension and safety, but the real emphasis is going to be on an extensive aero development program. I’ll be using SolidWorks to do my CFD analysis first and then follow that up with instrumented field testing. So if you’re interested in that sort of thing, hang with me. Hope along the way I can give back to this community which has already been so great to me. I’ll share lots of information, but some of the more “voodoo” elements will remain proprietary.

A word on format. I’m using the first seven reply spots for specific categories that will be edited along the way with up-to-date info. The rest of the thread will be business as usual with week-by-week work, how-to’s, replies, etc. But these first few spots are reserved so that any interested party can just check out the first page of the thread and see the current set up and actual parts being used.

Last, this will be a long build, so I anticipate a lot of downtime in the thread. The early aero development is being done in stages, and my pockets are not so deep that I can source everything I want at once. Such is life.

Best,
-j