Had my first track day yesterday, April 22. The day was cool about 72F and pretty windy. The venue was Buttonwillow in the 14CW configuration. I was pretty nervous as there was a lot to take in. The car ran well as I was gaining confidence. Water temp was about 180. The AWIC intake was ambient +7F and the oil was about 150F. Oil pressure was 80 psi.

As I entered the pit after the first 20 minute session, I heard a metallic "clinking" from the rear end. Further investigation with some friendly, experienced racers at the track point to a problem with the left rear CV joint. When the car is in gear and you push roll it forward and backward, you can hear and feel the "clinking". The experienced guy who worked with me suggested I hang it up for the day as it was impossible to know how long this CV could last and there was no use grenading it. I was disappointed, but this is part of the game....

Now comes the question: What should I replace this part with? Are there any parts that would be better suited for track use? Has anybody had any luck with any other parts? What is the best source of said parts?

I am new to this game, excited to learn, and grateful for any suggestions.

Rob T