Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  50

Thread: Octobersknight's 818 Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all, thanks for chiming in so quickly! Glad to see I'm getting some readers here. it's encouraging and makes me want to post more stuff as fast as I can. I think ssssly nailed most of the upgrades, and longislandwrx also has sharp eyes for the ARP sticker. I don't think the car was lowered, and I think the brakes are the stockers for an '06 WRX steel 4-pots up front and aluminum 2-pots in the rear. I don't know what a bcs is.

I agree AZPete that the timing belt and water pump are items that need attention at that mileage, and I had a plan to take care of it during the engine cleaning. Also, I haven't ordered my kit yet. I have this master plan that I'd like to pick up the kit in early fall, take teh family and have a nice driving vacation to see the New England foliage autumn display. So I think that means an August purchase, but I;m keeping an eye on it. Sadly, the sales barely seem to help the 818, given the limited options and low cost of them.

But first back to my story of the donor breakdown: being the responsible Earthling that I am, I wanted to haul the donor to a nearby auto shop to have the refrigerant extracted (for free!), so i rented a trailer and had my first time hauling anything ... in the wife's truck.

IMG_20161010_122545.jpg IMG_20161010_122535.jpg

Just my luck that there was only 0.6 lbs of refrigerant in there ... the truck in the picture leaked twice that the summer before when we had a busted hose! So much for being environmentally conscious. But hey, I know I did the right thing, and I got some towing/loading/unloading experience, and I got to test at least first and reverse (and rowed through all the gears) and I made sure the car ran. I couldn't drive it very far or fast, because the accident that sent it to the auction block had bent the front passenger strut and made the tire rub.
    Last edited by octobersknight; 08-30-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: removed attached pics (duplicates)