BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ok, Here I Go

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not too heavy to lift and turn on its side, plus you gain floor space to work around it! I have a 4 post lift but I still sit it on its side and use the lift to raise and lower to an agreeable (for my back) height.

2. Likes jbs72697 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve used a cart about 28” tall for my entire build. It seems to be a comfortable height. It has 4 hd casters so I can move it about. A fully assembled car isn’t easy to push while on the cart. The center of gravity is just above the drivers head in the center of the car.
    Kit #361, arrived 10/2015, still in progress
    818C highly modified, corvette suspension
    Estimated completion summer 2023!
    1989 turbo Supra 5 sp
    2017 Tundra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lance corsi View Post
    I’ve used a cart about 28” tall for my entire build. It seems to be a comfortable height. It has 4 hd casters so I can move it about. A fully assembled car isn’t easy to push while on the cart. The center of gravity is just above the drivers head in the center of the car.
    Lance, you have a very short torso if the center of gravity is above your head. Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by idf View Post
    I remember the position well. My favorite picture of my son and his best friend helping with a similar part of the project: Attachment 178257
    That’s a good picture. After a long time of not much getting done, I’ve had a small run of progress. Almost ready to put your rivet gun to use!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, I should’ve said the lift point of balance is about where your head is. I’m using a crane, so I put my strap around my roll bars above where my head is. Does that make any sense?
    Kit #361, arrived 10/2015, still in progress
    818C highly modified, corvette suspension
    Estimated completion summer 2023!
    1989 turbo Supra 5 sp
    2017 Tundra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lance corsi View Post
    Bob, I should’ve said the lift point of balance is about where your head is. I’m using a crane, so I put my strap around my roll bars above where my head is. Does that make any sense?
    Yes Lance lifting point balance make more sense.

I have been tinking about finding the COG of my finished car. From that point I want to pull sidways on the car at 1.2 G's to make sure all 4 wheels are pependicular to the ground giving me the best traction in corners.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jbs72697. This is Davis out in Springfield Ma area. I have a first gen 818s, white with the original difficult to work with front end. There is another guy in Monson Ma with a 818s similar to mine and someone else almost done with 818c in red. Anything we can do to help, let me know. Davis

9. Thanks jbs72697 thanked for this post
    Likes jbs72697 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Davis. Thank you very much for the offer. Im really not that far along in the build despite having my kit here for almost two years ��
    But I am still doing what I can on it and if I complete a significant step I will post some pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My 92 year old dad is in the hospital. He’s been declining a lot lately and is very frail and weak now. It’s possible he may not last a long time (I hope I’m wrong). He was interested and enthusiastic about me building the 818. I even took him down to FFR to see the showroom and take the factory tour when they still held them
    It makes me sad that he probably won’t be able to see the finished car in person. Even if I took pictures to show him they wouldn’t be very impressive unfortunately

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, Judd. Maybe as Spring arrives in New England he'll rally a bit too. As always I'm available to help with the 818 project.
    Ivan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you ivan. I do hope he will do better in the hospital getting the proper treatment and take it from there
    Between him and the spring uptick at work the 818 isn’t getting too much attention

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am very sad to say dad passed away peacefully early Wednesday morning. My wife and I were there by his side holding his hand as he took his last breath. Though I’m glad we were with him (and my mom a couple years ago) it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done
    He instilled my enjoyment of mechanics and was a great teacher. I’m extremely sorry he won’t see the 818 when it’s done. I guess I’ll have to figure out a frame to display his prayer card, as well as the other family members we’ve lost the past few years

Post Thanks / Like
    jb so sorry for your loss
    May he forever find everlasting peace

Jet

16. Thanks jbs72697 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for your loss JB! My condolences to you and your family.

18. Thanks jbs72697 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We had Dad’s services on Friday. It all went great. The funeral home was very professional and made the whole process easier. Even though dad won’t see the 818 completed, maybe I can stick his prayer card to his tool chest he passed down to me so he’ll be with me during the process.
    Love you dad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jbs72697; 04-30-2023 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Photo orientation

20. Thanks Jetfuel, Bob_n_Cincy thanked for this post
    Likes blomb11, Shawn818c liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123