I decided that I would double-wall the rear firewall. There are of course the thick aluminum panels that go from the inside of the car, but, like others have done, I’ll add panels to the rear of the firewall structure. That way I can add extra sound insulation between the 2 metal panels.

Since the engine is already in, I’m working around that. And for now I’m just doing the part above the fuel tank. I can get the 2 main triangle pieces from the headliner aluminum piece:

a.jpg

I’m going to put headliner insulation and material on the roof, but don’t see a need for the aluminum panel, so I’ll make use of it here.
A lot of fiddly cutting a fitting, but it looks good. Not fastened in place yet and I'll probably paint/coat the rear of them before attaching them.

b.jpg

c.jpg

I’m thinking I may put the center triangle piece from inside the car. It does give good access to the belts if they ever need servicing. If I cut and modify the panel that goes behind the seats and make at least the center triangle portion removable without taking out the whole piece, then I can also remove the rear cover piece and access that area of the engine. Sound good? At any rate, I don’t see any harm in doing to that way even if I never use it for engine access. The wires will all come through that center panel so it also might be easier to cut the holes and fit it from the inside of the car. I ran out of aluminum or I would have that piece done now too.

And yes, this is in preparation to tidying up the wiring…..getting there.

Rick