Still working on the power windows.

I've had it working with power, but not happy with it yet. The tracks need some tweaking. This is all the way down (and maybe even a little more than I'll set it since the bottom of the window is just about hitting the door skin.

1.jpg

All the way up:

2.jpg

I had to notch the door frame in this area to clear the glass as it went down.

3.jpg

I put some paint on the frame but did a sloppy job with it. Need to smooth it out and do a better job.

The main thing I'm not happy with is how it mates up with the rubber window strip along the door. With the window down, there is no gap. But with the window up, there is a large gap around the middle of the window. I cut the curve in the door skin to clear the window in all positions. But I think I need to try and move the top of the window inwards when it is down so I can move the rubber strip closer to the glass and not have a gap when it is up. For those that have the windows done, do you have a fairly consistent space between the door cutout and the window in all positions, so the rubber is rubbing evenly all along?

I'm working on the second window now and I'll see if I can get it to fit better with the rubber strip. If so, I'll come back and tweak this one.

Rick