When the rear hatch is closed, the car stationary, turning on my fan does blow air out the new exhaust exit grill. Not a lot of air, but I can feel it. When the car is moving, the air flow limits the temperature of that area. But when shut down, the heat soak really heats up the body panels, so my fan will help with that if I don't want to open the rear hatch for a while. I was thinking of hooking it up to a radiator-type temperature switch so it will run until things cool off a bit. The sensor would be somewhere in the rear area, ideally on a body panel.

The airflow into the engine compartment is very limited. The side vents are pretty small and direct air right into the front of the wheel well aluminum. The roof scoop provides air, but not until the car is moving a decent speed. So in stop-and-go traffic my fan will help move the air through the engine area. I will never track the car, so my concern is only street driving where it is generally slower speeds.

I could easily pull my exhaust tip out a little, but haven't noticed any exhaust smell. Wrapping the muffler would probably help the heat situation, but not sure I need it at this point. I have another fan that I could install in the grill on the left, but I want the air to cool the exhaust mainly.