Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  146

Thread: Meyer 818 build in Tampa Bay Area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    Welcome, man!

What made you pull the trigger on the 818? And why the S vs the C?
    Hi this is Liam, I don't have my own account yet but here's the reasoning, living in Midwest Ohio it didn't seem fitting to get the C, we chose the S for a few reasons.

It's easier to build the S (this is my first time ever really building a car), it was the cheaper option, it's going to be a show car/ weekend car so we'll hopefully have a nicely done interior to show off, and I liked the look of the S more over the C, the C is beautiful, but I love convertibles and it's going to be a summer car so no reason to put a roof on it.
    818 "S"pyder delivered 11/27/20, using 2007 Impreza 2.5l NA donor. Work mostly being done by my son Liam...body work and paint being done by dad (that's me)
    MK3.1 #6583RD, built from 2008-2019, sold 11/2011

2. Likes AZPete, Bob_n_Cincy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rob,
    Yes, just as sgarret said. We also bought the digital PDF copy of the build manual and have used this for now. My son has been following the tear down and prep directions (as much as they say)...here is a screenshot from the portion on the manual rack. I tried to understand the whole depowering thread and completely tearing apart the rack. Honestly it’s a huge project I didn’t see worth it for now. We may add power steering back in at some point if the effort is too much.

8FD33886-ADAA-4D7D-AAA5-30E0120FF2D8.jpeg

From what we can tell, those ports are left open or could be plugged with RTV, capped, etc. the high pressure lines are removed from that area of the rack.
    Last edited by Scott Meyer; 11-01-2020 at 04:59 PM.
    818 "S"pyder delivered 11/27/20, using 2007 Impreza 2.5l NA donor. Work mostly being done by my son Liam...body work and paint being done by dad (that's me)
    MK3.1 #6583RD, built from 2008-2019, sold 11/2011