Dave - thanks for replying on the FFR axles. I have already added these to my order a few weeks ago! They look nice.

Rob, nice to hear from another pilot and Father/Son build! You guys will love the build school. Would like to hear your feedback on the 818 class at Mott in Michigan. I attended the school in 2008 prior to receiving and building my roadster. It was very helpful for me then. I had considered taking this class next month with Liam but it would be for him, not me. I’ve done a roadster, and restored several cars now and built an Airplane...so not much I could learn. In the last 2 months he completely tore down the Impreza and learned a lot so I’m not too worried about his skills.

Let’s keep in touch and get together for a fly-in to compare progress!

Speaking of some progress. My contribution is paint. At some point I will teach Liam the art of prep and painting...but for now that’s what he wants me to do.

Steering rack that he tore apart this week to replace the tie rods, is now ready for paint. I’ve done the POR-15 degreasing, Metal prep and it’s ready for the semi gloss topcoat.
C330E713-9E04-4827-9641-736E9821DF57.jpeg

The SOHC valve cover are cleaned, primed and painted with VHT.

5B77733F-3257-4B12-AD93-F214194B74E3.jpeg
F3A91A5B-FED8-4531-8672-4F49ACB393F9.jpeg

Goal is to get the transmission and engine block painted this week.