We did not get as much done over Nick's Christmas break as I had planned. It turns out that he and I had differing priorities when it came to his break, LOL. At any rate, this past weekend we finally completed our inventory, AND, completed the Powder coating oven!

It's internal dimensions are 36"x36"x48" and it takes it an hour to get to 400* F. And we haven't actually powder coated anything yet

We pressed on and started following the manual, first up removing the AC Compressor and PS pump from the engine.

Next up removing the front outer CV housing. We tried "tapping" it with a hammer as per the manual but I could tell right away that wasn't going to work. I had read about the " bang it on the ground with a pipe trick" but our metal supply store was closed and I didn't have a pipe that would fit. I figured if I knicked the ball bearing cage with a cut-off wheel then hit it with an air hammer that high tempered steel should shatter.

worked like a charm.

Overall, it was a good weekend. Today my elective OR schedule was scuppered because our hospital is overrun with Covid patients so I was back in the shop!

I got a parts cleaner tub from Harbor Freight and modified it for the build. I added a oil filter using the remote filter adapter from my MK4 build

Also, following AZPete's lead I made a chassis dolly. It was all scrap wood, the pallet was from my MK4 SBF engine from Forte and the carpet was left over from the MK4, the 2x4's were left over from one of my wife's projects.