Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  40
Likes Likes:  52

Thread: Eaton's 818C Build - Power Window Modifications

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are track car observations that probably don't apply to a street driven car. Not sure where an autocross car fits in.

I have 215 in front with no rubbing issues other than lock to lock. I don't have rack spacers. I just know how far I can turn the wheel. The only time I get understeer is in the rain, so I see no reason to go wider because I try to avoid the rain in my open top car.

I have 255 in rear. With the FFR wheels, I needed 10mm of spacers to keep them from rubbing the lower control arms. I have Powerflex Black bushings. Rubbing was worst with the OEM bushings. I can't see going any wider without changing out the control arms. While I don't think wider front tries would improve the car's balance, I do thing wider rears would. Maybe someday I'll change out the control arms. Mostly because then I could try out some slicks that don't come in 255 sizes.

A note on using wheel spacers - make sure you can get at least 9.5 turns on the lug nuts.

A note on FFR wheels - they are a visual upgrade over OEM Subaru wheels, but not as strong. I have demoted my FFR wheels to street use only because while they still balance, they are easily bent pounding track curbs. A car destined for more than an occasional "gentle" track day needs wheels better suited for the track.
    Last edited by Dave 53; 03-28-2024 at 12:18 PM.

2. Thanks Mark Eaton thanked for this post
    Likes J R Jones liked this post