Its been a saga but I won in the end!!! I didn't want to wait until I could title as a 1965 so I went through FL's new process to title as a 2020 Assembled From Parts (ASPT) vehicle. Process was simple but time consuming and the paperwork is confusing. You fill out the paperwork, get a certified weight slip, invoices for kit and engine/tranny, insurance, pictures and mail with $40 check to Palmetto for Charlotte County. They go over it, tell you what needs to be corrected. You mail it back in again and they call you to set up an inspection. Once you have the inspection date, you take that email to the DMV and get a 10 day temp tag (cost $5 but not required if trailering to inspection). My inspection was this past Tuesday and was very simple. Did not check anything on the car and just applied a VIN. You then get an envelope that you cannot open and deliver it to your local DMV (tax collector in FL). One caveat is you need to update your insurance to 2020 ASPT and the new VIN before going to the DMV. Pay your sales tax and walk out with a tag and title.

As an update for other FL FFRs - the issue is FFR is not listed as a Replica in the FL database. I've had 5 cars in this state titled as 1965 or 1933 but they were supposedly all wrong because they had FFR as make and that doesn't exist so the person behind the counter added it which supposedly can't be done anymore. I've contacted the State Tax Collector asking how to get FFR added to the Replica database as have at least 3 other guys for this forum. We'll stay on top of it and will update once we get any change.

Henry

image0.jpeg