I thought you were using a USDM LGT Spec B, none of which have the oil pump.
As for the VCP...If you are looking at a tranny chart the 2005 JDM Spec B lists 2 VCD, But neither control the front CV axles. There is the Viscous Center diff that connects the front to the rear of an AWD Spec B. It has no role in controlling the front diff (which becomes your RWD diff). The second Viscous Diff listed is not in the transmission, it's in the R160 rear diff of an AWD Spec B.
If you want an LSD you'll have to add it.

Hobby knows his stuff. We just have a slight disagreement on the value of a LSD. It's funny, I usually have disagreements with builders on this forum and NASIOC over the value difference between a Cusco plated LSD vs a Torsen/Quaife LSD. I'm in the Torsen/Quaife camp, but many folks swear the Cusco plated style is faster.

And keep in mind you are getting a 15 year old tranny out of a JDM car. I bought a JDM Forrester STI 6 speed and installed it in my first LGT race car. It worked for a couple of years but the syncros were going out. They can be a great value but they can also be a pig in a poke.

I don't mess around with trannys myself. Zach at ZF Design builds all my trannys now. He's fateo66 on the FF forum but is rarely here. He specializes in Subie trannys and knows the 818 issues too.