Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  137

Thread: Brandon's 818R Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to pick up my 07 WRX donor parts last week from a local Subaru wrecker and an 05 Legacy Spec B 6 speed transmission. I got luckily and they all came from the same vehicle. This week I was able to spend some time cleaning all of the parts. I was not planning on replacing the wheel bearings, but I needed to disassemble them to clean and paint the spindles. So I ordered new bearing and extended ARP wheel studs to make it a complete refresh. I was able to convert the steering rack over to manual and cleaned it up. I am not sure if I was supposed to try and save as much fluid as I could or not, but there was some that leaked out in the removed lines.
    IMG_0820.jpg IMG_0821.jpg IMG_0822.jpg IMG_0911.jpg

I then started the strenuous process of dieting my harness. I am more of a mechanical person so this is a little nerve racking, but with the FSM wiring diagrams and then this forum I am going to try tackling it myself. I was able to ID every connector and then began to remove all of the loom. It definitely makes a mess of your hands with all of the old tape residue. Next I will work on deleting each subsystem I do not need. I have some time before my kit comes in July so I am glad I am getting a jump on this now while I have the garage floor space to lay it all out.
    IMG_0914.jpg

I am not sure why my pictures end up upside down when posted. They all appear fine with I view them on my computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blomb11; 04-23-2021 at 09:39 PM.

2. Likes Mitch Wright liked this post