Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  137

Thread: Brandon's 818R Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cut off the factory mounts and made a pair 1.25” taller then welded them in place. Group n trans mount didn’t need modifications but I’m running a 5 sp. the taller motor mounts gave space below to incorporate my solid shifter linkage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racer View Post
    I thought you were talking about modifying the frame to allow the trans to sit below the frame, protruding into the diffusor are like Gator has done. What I and others have done is modify the frame to allow the sump to not rest on the "X" brace section see the pics in my thread here to see how my "X" section looks different than the stock version. Other have done different mods that accomplish the same thing.

You can modify the frame in the rear "X" section to allow the pump sump to fit down into the frame WITHOUT cutting into the diffuser. I believe everyone that has installed a 6 speed has done some form of this modification and it is what I would recommend.

Sorry if I confused you earlier
    Ah okay I see what you mean now. Yes at first it was to have it sit down in the diffuser. I forgot about the earlier posts you referenced. I have some clearance now if the motor is raised 1.25” but it’s not much. I get what you mean about cutting the X out. I still need to raise the motor in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by lance corsi View Post
    I cut off the factory mounts and made a pair 1.25” taller then welded them in place. Group n trans mount didn’t need modifications but I’m running a 5 sp. the taller motor mounts gave space below to incorporate my solid shifter linkage.
    This would be the cleanest method. I would need to figure out how to bend steel at home. I would think cutting and welding in flat pieces would not be the best or strongest approach.