I am still having issues with my fuel pump in the Fuelsafe fuel cell. It has been failing to "pump up" on very rare occasions. Yesterday, it stopped working, twice, while I was running the car on the lift. I know it stopped because the car killed, but before it did, it went lean on the AFR meter. I have checked the relay, fuse, and talked to a few about the fuel pump controller, which I have been told tends to fail and then not work - not fail intermittently. I pulled the power plug to the fuel pump at the top of the fuel cell and checked power there, when turning on the power switch (no key on my car). I got 12.5 V for 2 seconds or so...then dropped to 10.5 ish. There is definitely power to the pump. I am headed down the road of replacing the fuel pump in the fuel cell. This will be a pain....

My major question is this: Can you successfully run the fuel pump manually? I was thinking of tying it to its own relay/fuse on the power switch so that the pump would be on all the time when the power switch is on - car should be running anyway. This would bypass the fuel pump controller and remove the variable speed functionality, but maintain safety in terms of the electrical disconnect on the car. Would this mess with the engine ECU in any way? I am not sure I am going to do this, but wanted to get some thoughts from those more knowledgeable than me.

Am I missing anything else in my troubleshooting of this issue?