Quote Originally Posted by WLSD86 View Post
I agree I love the 289 body but I intend to drive the heck out of it hence the desire to use a coyote. I'm gonna call FFR and see if they know of anyone currently building one with a 5.0.
At first I struggled with the blasphemy of using something other than a Windsor block in a 289 build but I'm currently in the process of building a 289 USRRC with a Coyote for the same reasons you are considering it. I can tell you it fits fine. My biggest concern was the exhaust as FFR has not specifically adapted a J pipe for the Coyote. What I discovered when my exhaust components arrived is that the side pipes bolt directly to the Coyote headers with the same flange. There is a little pocket created in the collector because the 289 headers don't have the 4 into 1 arrangement but it is pretty minor. I'm going to line the inside of the collector with sheet metal to smooth out the flow. It will also require a small notch to clear the body as the pipes sit a bit higher rather than under the body. I see this as another positive as I get better ground clearance without running a very high ride height. I posted a couple long winded updates on my build thread yesterday. Take a look.