Happy New Year's Eve to all. While I'm waiting for the ball to drop I thought I'd type out this post.

I started doing a deep dive on some of my data from the end of the season and came across a disturbing trend. I am losing oil pressure in left hand turns, starting at about 0.5 G's. The pressure drops low but never goes to zero. The data below was taken at Watkins Glen where there are 5 left hand turns. The top graph is oil pressure and the bottom is lateral G force. Every place above the red dashed line is a right hand turn and every place below is a left. You can see the clear correlation when I turn left, oil pressure drops. Never even wavers on right handed turns.

I already have a baffled oil pan from Unit2Fabrication but it would appear that is not enough. The main issue is that I am running a pan that is designed for a transverse FWD car (i.e. the stock Honda position). I of course am running the engine in a RWD longitudinal configuration. Looks like I will be redesigning my wet sump oil system. I am either going to modify the pan to be about 2" deeper and reposition the oil pickup or design and build a swing arm type oil pickup like I did for the EZ36 engine I ran previously.