BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  101

Thread: Dan's 818C (Lightweight818)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After blowing up my engine (that's a whole story), I reassembled a new long block and installed it back into the car only to discover it didn't have cam shaft seals. But I'm pretty good at cam shaft seals now because I replaced them the last time they were leaking. When they still leaked, I remember yelling out, "You've gotta ****ing be kidding me!" The leak was coming from a loose plug bolt on the head above the cams. The fix ended up being a simple 1/4 turn tightening of the bolt. I had to replace my throttle cable at the track. No big deal - I carry a spare. The spare cable was too short. I blew up 3 5 speeds before switching to a 6 speed. Then I broke an axle at Lagua Seca. I imagine we all have stories of such frustration. I just tell myself, "We'll get through this one just like all the rest and it will be worth it."

I'm thankful for advice (from this forum) that will minimize these stories and I hope others can learn from my mistakes.

PS I'd suggest painting the bracket at the bottom of the A pillar. It can get extremely rusty.
    Last edited by Dave 53; 03-11-2024 at 04:59 PM.

2. Likes BigDanSubaru liked this post