Trip to the Dyno

Last weekend I packed the car and tools up and went down to Houston to get my open source tuned. My goals were to eliminate all of the Check Engine Lights and to achieve safe reliable power between 300hp and 350hp on 93 pump gas. Despite some build issues revealed during the dyno tuning all goals were met, but I will be going back after I make some changes.

Loaded up to head to Houston: Headed to Houston.jpg

Big shout out to Jay Are Snow for tuning my 818c. He did an amazing job and worked with me on the quirks of the 818.

The Good: I was able to hit 355hp and 323ft/lbs and all CELs have been taken care of.

The Bad: The car is running into a over boost/boost creep problem due to the fact that the blouch 1.5XTR IWG is undersized. It hit 27lbs of boost with the waste gate wide open. So the tuner pulled the rev limit way down to avoid any major issues. I am going to have to go to an EWG set up to fully eliminate the problem. I had also forgotten to hook up the Fuel Pressure Regulator Boost reference which we realized about two hours into the tuning session. Luckily I had some silicone vacuum hose with me and hooked it up and that fixed the issue where it was leaning out at higher boost.

Dyno Video and Graph: Dyno Graph 355.jpg

Conclusion: It was a great experience for me as this was my first engine build and first time doing any type of tuning. I learned a lot and had a good time. This was the first real test of my creation. I had been babying it up until now.