I am in Indiana, around the South Bend area, I just received my VIN number a couple of weeks ago. I had to submit the information twice to Indianapolis but that aside it was pretty pain free. First time a submitted information according to the instructions it came back with a note for me to add up all of the materials on the affidavit for a total. For purposes of explanation I submitted all of my receipts (all the big stuff anyway), however the DMV would not take responsibility for adding up the receipts. Freight is not to be included in this total so once you submit to them in clear and simple terms some kind of a breakdown of your invested cost for materials, and a couple of pics the process is pretty smooth. Go online In.gov and download State Form 12907, State Form 37964 (Affidavit), State Form 39530 (Police officer to sign off on this), certificate of origin from FF5 and copies of your receipts i.e. FF5 kit, wheels, tires, engine/trans, that about does it. On the Affidavit I filled in with something to the extent of "This automobile (FFR33 Street Rod) is composed of a kit purchased from Factory Five Racing. The engine and transmission was sourced from XXXXXInc. Everything else was sourced from Factory Five Racing apart from some minor parts such as nuts, bolts, paint, wheels/tires. The car is being assembled in a private garage and therefore does not have a VIN. I will be providing a Manufacturers Certificate of Origin for the kit from FF5 as well as receipts for the items listed above, along with the multiple photos of the build attesting to its safety and road worthiness". Too this Affidavit I listed the receipts that were included and there totals, minus any freight, and sent it in on the second attempt. This satisfied there needs and I was presented with an IN VIN #. Hope this helps.