Greetings All,
Im starting this build thread now 16 days prior to my kit completeion date as I have an engine, transmission assembly, and rear axle assembly to build. That is to say, I have a 1969 351W block machined .060 over, and large pile of boxes from Summit. I'm told by Scat that my pistons will arrive there tomorrow, and once they complete the balance they'll ship the 418ci rotating assemly to me. I should have it here in Oregon late next week.
I have another pile of boxes that contain a new TKX 5 speed, SBF bellhousing, clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing and minor parts to bolt to the aformentioned SBF. My other small but growing pile of boxes is my Quick Performance Ford 9 inch rear end assembly set up to install as a direct bolt in replacement for an 8.8.
I'm just wrapping up the last of the metal fab on my 1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk, then its on the back burner for a year or so.
I'll be building the MK4 body buck early next week.
I think I qualify as having officaily started the build as the wife and I (mostly the wife) picked out the eventual paint color at the PPG paint store today. Its a 2020 Ford metalic mix called "Son of a Gun Grey". That will be complimented by Vivid Black stripes.

I'll try to get something posted daily unless the complaints get to loud. I generaly start in the shop at 7 am, then start looking for a soft horizontal surface about 1 or 2pm.
Stay tuned, "more will be revealed".
Rebostar