FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: My Car is a Puzzle

Post Thanks / Like

My Car is a Puzzle

With spring showers in the forecast for several days ruling out cruising, my wife surprised me with a nice gift. She uploaded a picture of the car to pixels.com and had a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle made. It'll be just like working on the build again!

IMG_3767.jpeg
    Last edited by RJD; 04-03-2024 at 07:27 AM.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

2. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Likes Al_C, JimLev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that was 500 pieces of fun. Time to glue it together, mount it on some poster board, and hang it in the garage as wall art.

IMG_3822.jpeg
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

5. Likes GoDadGo, Cobradavid, Alan_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is very cool!
    It’ll look great mounted in the garage!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool! She thinks outside the box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy with the way it turned out as garage wall art.

IMG_6957.jpeg

9. Likes Alan_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife gave me one for Christmas. I got hooked and sent in two more shots and got two more for my shop. Do not clear coat to protect the puzzle. I thought that would be a good idea and make it a bit glossier. I used and acrylipuzzle.PNGc clear and it pulled the ink like you put paint stripper on it.
    FFR 9883 MKIV ,427 Windsor engine
    TKX 5 speed, Three Link 3.55 gears
    Power Steering, Leather Seats
    18" Wheels and Tires, Drop Trunk
    Fun Package

11. Likes RJD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great.

I used this stuff - goes on white but dries clear.

IMG_3835.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool having the puzzle made of your cars picture! I saw the thread title and was thinking you were talking about the kit itself being a puzzle, as it is.
    I will have to do this for my coupe on order in several states of build. Great idea, thanks for sharing!
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.