Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Project “Aardvark” Takes Off on Route 66 Road Trip

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

Project “Aardvark” Takes Off on Route 66 Road Trip

Project “Aardvark” is finally ready to roll down Route 66 for a charity drive! Meet up with John P. this Saturday, May 4th at 9:00am in Centennial Park, Frankfort, IL for the Kickoff and CFF Great Strides Event. Join 200+ charity supporters and take part in an informal car show with refreshments provided.

Longtime Factory Five customer, John P. is currently driving project “Aardvark” to meet up with Col. Gale one last time before taking off on the long road trip joined by his two cousins. If you haven’t been following along with its progress, what makes this Mk4 Roadster build special is that it is dedicated to Col. Gale L., a retired Air Force pilot who couldn’t finish it due to health issues. John named the car Aardvark after the F-111 bomber aircraft.

The drive on Route 66 aims to fundraise for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Team Boomer and Colorectal Cancer Alliance. Aardvark will rack up 5-6,000 miles, continuing a legacy of FFR travels! The graphic on the passenger door is a nod to Cystic Fibrosis “Sixty-Five-Roses” as a constant reminder of what they are driving for.

John’s inspiration for the trip took root over the years as he met more members of the car community. He says, “I’ve met wonderful folks who have suffered misfortune and health problems, and can use some help. That’s a big reason why my car-crazy cousins and I have developed a plan to combine our love of cars and driving around this fantastic country with raising money for the worthy charities detailed on our website. Maybe we can help make life a little better for some folks we’ve not met yet!”

John is currently meeting up with Col. Gale before taking off for the trip, but his next stop will be this Saturday, when the drive kicks off at the CF Foundation Great Strides Event in Centennial Park Frankfort, IL at 9:00am. John says, “everyone is invited to join us and about 200 other supporters at this charity event! One of our sponsors, Route 66 Sodas, is supplying refreshments. We hope to have a few cool cars join us for an informal car show and photo opportunity!”

The stops along the route include May 4, Frankfort, IL: Great Strides Event; May 7, Arcadia, OK: POP’s Soda Shop and Cafe; May 11, Albuquerque, NM: Law Enforcement Memorial Bike Ride & UNM Children’s Hospital; and May 18, Santa Monica, CA: Children’s Hospital of LA, “Walk and Play”.

More event details can be found here.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    When do you plan to go through Seligman AZ? I am just about an hour away, if you are going to stop to eat there at the Snow Cap , I would like to meet up and get a bite to eat with you. The Snow Cap is well known in the area. They ran the Fun Run today from Seligman to Kingman AZ. The Snow Cap is usually on everyone's list to stop by. Not the greatest, but good food and you gotta eat right!

https://www.facebook.com/p/Delgadill...0063560350919/
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's likely I'll see you guys at Pop's on May 7th. I'm about 15 miles from there.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Join Customer John P. in Santa Monica as they Cross the Finish Line!

Customer John Phillips wraps up his cross-country trip arriving in Santa Monica, CA on Saturday, May 18th. John is using this trip to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis and Colon Cancer. Factory Five customers and friends are invited to participate with him in the Children’s Hospital charity walk for CF (called “Walk & Play L.A.”).

Walk & Play L.A. is an annual fundraiser and community event to support Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. It’s a day full of family friendly activities, highlighted by a 3K walk to the Santa Monica Pier. Join John at Children’s Hospital, Santa Monica at 9 am for the walk. Parking is free. More details at www.c3on66.org. Check out these fun photos from the trip so far!

Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

5. Likes Al_C, cc2Arider, jrcuz liked this post
    split time between South Florida and Western North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mad Dog. THANKS for all your help getting the word out on our charity trip down Route 66. We all three made it home safely after three weeks total on the road, two weeks of which was the actual drive along the 2400+ miles of Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica. We blogged about our experiences each day for anyone interested: http://c3on66.org/blog/.

The trip was a great adventure, lots of wiggles along the way as conditions changed and opportunities arose. I started the trip with 250 miles on the Aardvark, and returned with just under 6,000 miles in the 3 weeks. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. THANKS again to everyone for following along & for all the help & support along the way!
    Last edited by John Phillips; 05-23-2024 at 01:51 PM.
    John Phillips, Jupiter FL and Waynesville, NC
    Built 4 Roadsters, one of each Mark series
    Rebuilt Challenge Racer
    Customer and FFR Fan since 1996

7. Likes weendoggy liked this post