Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The thread of....I can't believe I did that.

Post Thanks / Like

The thread of....I can't believe I did that.

I'll start the parade.

So today, I did a bone head move. I am very happy that I was calm, did not over react and was courteous when I called to try to rectify "their mistake".

So here we go...... I get a great deal on four 285/30/18 Toyo T1R tires. Less then $500.00 shipped to my door (brand new). The whole time I am thinking there must be a catch. Are the tires old, Nope DOT says 4211, are they blems, nope perfect, were they demo mounted, nope no marks. Then it hit me, all of the tires say right with an arrow on the side wall. I go inside to research on the internet (note to self, Look closer) and sure enough they are directional tires. So what the h*ll am I going to do with 4 right tires?

I brought the tire in the garage and jumped on the phone to call the retailer. I told him what my concern was and he said in the most carm voice. "Spin the tire around and it will say left, those go on the other side of the car" I looked down at the tire now laying on its side and the word left was staring back up at me. Knowing how much of an idiot I am, I told him I would look into it and call him back. Needless to say I will not be calling him back.

If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at, in this case, feel free to laugh at me.....What a dope!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    J,
    Very funny.
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    roflmbo.......now that's funny!!!!......been there and done that idiot stuff plenty of times over the years myself......lol

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No damage done other than to your pride so no harm no foul. But now you have to post a bone headed move of something that actually did some damage