BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What software is being used for the renderings we see in the 818 design competition?

Gas Fume Philosopher AJ Roadster NJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What software is being used for the renderings we see in the 818 design competition?

I have to say that the renderings I see on the weekly winner post on the Factory Five site are really impressive. The styles vary a lot, from near photo quality to the artist's sketch style that all of us probably recognize from pre-Intel days.

So -- I am very aware of the Solidworks connection to our cars (in fact, I have a very good friend who is pretty high in the Solidworks company). But those don't look like Solidworks renderings to me, nor do they look like they came from the same software.

Does anyone know what those guys are using? Or if one of the weekly winners reads this, could we ask you to help us out and tell us about your virtual toolbox?

Thanks in advance.

AJ

Post Thanks / Like
    AJ, might get more response if you posted in the 818 forum. I know some of the guys though are using photoshop, and some are using Rhino which is a 3D design software that seems to get used more in design applications then engineering ones where solidworks prevails.

Scott
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011