Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question on ECU & program for Mach1 engine

Post Thanks / Like

Question Question on ECU & program for Mach1 engine

Experienced Mod motor techs,

I will be picking up my 33HR kit the first week of March, I have some previous experience with the Small Block Ford & FE engines
    but i would like to go with a 4.6 or 5.0 mod motor of which I have no experience.
    I can get the complete engine/transmission, ECU, & wiring harness out of a 2003 Mach1.
    My question is will this engine run properly with the stock set up or do I have to get an aftermarket
    computer or new programming for the fuel injection?

thanks for your time,
    Nevin

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to run a stock injection setup, take the entire harness from the donor car. You will need to reprogram the computer to delete the anti theft, cats, EGR, etc. (that is if you don't want those funtions). There are lots of aftermarket tuners you can buy to do this. I opted for a stand alone EFI system, might cost more than a tuner, but I have control over all the parameters and the speed density control allows for endless intake setups as your not limited by a mass air meter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2V from a 2003 GT in mine. I do not think that you will be very happy with the original wires. You either need a major wire diet (and there is a company who does this) or you need to get a Telorvek panel from www.thedetailzone.com which gives you new wires and new connectors for everything. That's what I did. Check my build pages here in the forum for photos. I have the ECU in the trunk and ran all wires from the motor to the trunk w/o any problems. It fired up on the first turn of the key. I had my ECU reprogrammed locally. Mine was from an automatic car and I changed it to manual. No problem for the pro's.

Kai
    Kai
    Hanau/Germany
    Rides & Projects: 54 F100 347SBF/Auto; 65 Galaxie FB 446FE/5-Speed; 67 Mustang Convertible 306SBF/Auto; 07 Mustang GT Convertible 4.6 3V/Auto; #236 FFR Hot Rod 4.6 2V/5-Speed