Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transmission

pyramidbuilders
    Post Thanks / Like

Transmission

FYI regarding what transmission to use. Before I purchased my car from FFR, I explained what I was using for my donor, 4.6L 3 valve with a 5 speed Tremec 3650 Transmission. I was told it would work. I dropped that drive-train in and had a drive-shaft made. Now I find out this transmission will not work because of how the linkage is set up. I need to go with a T56 or a TKO to work in this car because they have a top mount shifter. Now I need to sell this tranny (has less than 13,000 miles) and purchase one that works. I have been discussing this with Mike Forte in Florida and it's costly. Is there anyone else I can deal with closer to me in CA that might cost less?
    Last edited by pyramidbuilders; 02-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why cant you make it work? I assume it is a trans out of an 05 or newer mustang. I would still think you could do it

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramidbuilders View Post
    FYI regarding what transmission to use. Before I purchased my car from FFR, I explained what I was using for my donor, 4.6L 3 valve with a 5 speed Tremec 3650 Transmission. I was told it would work. I dropped that drive-train in and had a drive-shaft made. Now I find out this transmission will not work because of how the linkage is set up. I need to go with a T56 or a TKO to work in this car because they have a top mount shifter. Now I need to sell this tranny (has less than 13,000 miles) and purchase one that works. I have been discussing this with Mike Forte in Florida and it's costly. Is there anyone else I can deal with closer to me in CA that might cost less?
    Check out post #70 on this thread. http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ld-thread.html

Clemson made it work on a roadster...
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread