Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Honolulu 818S Hana (work/build) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is great info
    can you elaborate or take a pic if available of
    1. I trimmed the fiberglass return on the rearside of the hood to just over 1/2" to give more space.
    2. I modified the wiper arm by eliminating the thick, spring loaded part of the arm and replaced with flat plate steel. The pressure applied by the arm against the windshield is all in the mounting of the motor assembly.

I have a single arm marine wiper that others have used. I would love to install it without cutting into the hood.
    any pics you have on your wiper install would be appreciated. I keep going over your thread finding ideas. Are you an experienced body guy?
    818S #343 Delivered 5-20-2015
    First Start 10-17-2015
    First Drive 10-17-2017 ( 100 feet back and forth until I can get off driveway)
    First Drive with a non leaking tuned motor 11-12-2015 (wow)
    Passed NJ State constructed inspection 8/30/2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by insurance guy View Post
    that is great info
    can you elaborate or take a pic if available of
    1. I trimmed the fiberglass return on the rearside of the hood to just over 1/2" to give more space.
    2. I modified the wiper arm by eliminating the thick, spring loaded part of the arm and replaced with flat plate steel. The pressure applied by the arm against the windshield is all in the mounting of the motor assembly.

I have a single arm marine wiper that others have used. I would love to install it without cutting into the hood.
    any pics you have on your wiper install would be appreciated. I keep going over your thread finding ideas. Are you an experienced body guy?
    Give me a couple of days to reply further, getting ready for the HIN Honolulu show.
    "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria."

818 (Chassis #34) Delivered 9/25/2013, First start 3/2/2014, First drive 4/5/2014, Registered 8/28/2015, First Dyno 3/18/2016, First SCCA event 4/3/2016, First car show HIN Honolulu 4/23/2016