Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Honolulu 818S Hana (work/build) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hula Girl is giving up her ocean view parking and moving to the burbs!

image.jpeg

After just graduating from living in a commercial space during the build (booted out by soon to be Whole Foods), now moving again just a couple of months later, I'm afraid she might get a complex.

So moving to Kahala (4 miles away) where she can enjoy living in a two car garage. And maybe get more attention now that access will be easier.

The bikini top is now high priority, especially since I have an upholster anxious to fabricate the material as soon as I finish the hardware. The move will take me the next couple of weeks but I have ordered a couple of aluminum clamps to connect the rear top bow to the hoops. I'm going to bend 1/2" electrical conduit for the rear bow and fabricate an anchor point inside the engine cover side vent openings to the frame so they will be out of sight, for the rear supports. I was almost done fabricating the windshield support over a year ago, time to finish up.

I'm assuming that everyone has appreciated the photos from the HIN Honolulu car show? I have had 4681 page views in the past two weeks. We were supposed to be doing the real photo shoot yesterday but Lauren (http://teaselifestyle.com/models/lauren-lala/) didn't feel well. So that's delayed another couple weeks till after moving.
    "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria."

818 (Chassis #34) Delivered 9/25/2013, First start 3/2/2014, First drive 4/5/2014, Registered 8/28/2015, First Dyno 3/18/2016, First SCCA event 4/3/2016, First car show HIN Honolulu 4/23/2016

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha818 View Post
    We were supposed to be doing the real photo shoot yesterday but Lauren (http://teaselifestyle.com/models/lauren-lala/) didn't feel well. So that's delayed another couple weeks till after moving.
    Wow she's gorgeous!
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a year, I need some updates on the car and transmission

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett33 View Post
    It's been a year, I need some updates on the car and transmission

Brett
    Yea, it's been a while since I last posted, sorry.

Car is running great! No issues with the trans at all. Still loving that I went with an automatic since we have so much traffic here in Honolulu.

I've been busy building up a 1969 Mercedes 230, with a built 6.0 LS engine, so I haven't raced it this season.

But besides weekend "enjoy the sun" days, I drive it to work a lot too. So wicked fast! Clicks past 100 before you know it!(disclaimer; closed course��) So much fun.

Only issue now is we moved to a house in Kahala that has a carport instead of an enclosed garage. Being black it's always dusty, seems like I spend too much time washing it.

Let me know if you need anything.
    "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria."

818 (Chassis #34) Delivered 9/25/2013, First start 3/2/2014, First drive 4/5/2014, Registered 8/28/2015, First Dyno 3/18/2016, First SCCA event 4/3/2016, First car show HIN Honolulu 4/23/2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update glad things are doing well with the car. Gonna need some more details about the benz with that ls in it. Wow! My questions were about the transmission push button controller. Do you have specifics on which model you used?

Thanks again.

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett33 View Post
    Thanks for the update glad things are doing well with the car. Gonna need some more details about the benz with that ls in it. Wow! My questions were about the transmission push button controller. Do you have specifics on which model you used?

Thanks again.

Brett
    The controller is from PCS, Powertrain Control Solutions. This unit only takes the place of the actual gear selector (lever) and cable.

The transmission electronics is still controlled by the Subaru TCU. In my case I installed a Haltech ECU to actually run the engine, kept the Subaru ECU connected for only receiving feedback from the engine and supplying information to the Subaru TCU.