Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
Our build goals are pretty simple:
  • Build a working car

YES! And by now you know a lot what I mean by that.

Can you elaborate more on the engine/drivetrain you plan on dropping in? We didn't talk much about your build, on Friday!

Also once you get pix of that Bob's fuel tank, I'm curious to see how it looks and the details around the fuel pump hole and level sender hole.

Details is what will make the car a DD and reliable. Fitting stuff in is easy. Making everything work flawlessly is another story, those little details to finish up the fitment is what will make the biggest difference on a DD. But you already have that in mind after discussing with you, which is a great start, you shouldn't have much things to come back to and re-do cuz you forgot little details for reliability.

I'm also very interested about your FXT front calipers installed in rear, those are Forester XT fronts you will install in rear? Do you know if there's a thread on that somewhere? I'd like to change my current setup but I'd like something that would fit using the existing brackets without too much modifications, if that exists...