It's no secret that the transmission in the 818 is not at the same angle of tilt that it has when installed in the Subie. The motor needs to be higher, or the transmission needs to be lower. This allows for more effective cooling and lubrication to 5th gear. Some have just overfilled the fluid and been fine, but I wanted to give this a shot now while the car is apart. I may still slightly overfill the trans just to be safe.

Lowering the transmission requires either cutting the transmission mount on the frame and welding in some lowering plates to drop it down. Then you run into clearance problems with the diffuser and other parts. You also could modify the transmission mount by hacking it up and pouring your own rubber vibration isolator. That didn't seem like the path I wanted to take. I trust the OEM Group-N mount more than one that I would make myself.

I chose instead to raise the engine up slightly. I know...I know... bUt WhAt AbOuT tHe C.o.G?!?! Yeah, I'll admit that I am not skilled enough as a driver to notice or make use of a center of gravity that is less than 1" lower. So, I created these 1.5" aluminum spacers to go between the Group-N engine mounts and the mounting platforms on the frame. The aluminum spacers have a counter-bore hole in them where a thread adapter was used to hold the spacer to the mount. This also extends the threads of the mount down far enough to reach through the frame platforms. Below is a screenshot of the hardware I used from McMaster to secure the motor mount spacers.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 161810.png

336133135_3568416003445494_9209574953554771608_n_6303096346409079.jpg

It is hard to tell how much space there will be around the turbo/downpipe housing when these are installed. I may have to modify the crossmember to allow for more space as some have done on here.