Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  101

Thread: Dan's 818C (Lightweight818)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend using just a few self tapping screws to start, until all the panels are fit up. Fully riveting them in would be frustrating if you need to bump it like 1/8in or so. I definitely had to fine tune the side sails a little once I got all the rest of the parts on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lpmagruder View Post
    I recommend using just a few self tapping screws to start, until all the panels are fit up. Fully riveting them in would be frustrating if you need to bump it like 1/8in or so. I definitely had to fine tune the side sails a little once I got all the rest of the parts on.
    I agree and suggest drilling only the minimal number of rivet holes and only using clecos or tapping screws until everything is fitted.

I'd also suggest triple clamping any coolant system hose clamps or using Gates PowerGrip clamps in any locations that will be difficult to access after the panels are mounted. Because if you're ever gonna have a hose clamp leak, guess which one it will be...

And perhaps run the hoses for an AWIC now. Maybe you'll never use them, but if some day you want an AWIC, you won't have to take the car apart to install it.
    Last edited by Dave 53; 04-22-2024 at 01:36 PM.