Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Honolulu 818S Hana (work/build) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously can't believe that's the same engine. VERY good job, dude!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Oahu. The best mix of tourist and non-tourist excursions if you're willing to explore. The real question is not where are you building the car, but where are you going to enjoy it on an island that you can drive entirely around in less than three hours. That's the one thing that I would miss if living there is the ability to go out and find a new curvy road to drive.
    I can do anything with enough time and money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D2W View Post
    I love Oahu. The best mix of tourist and non-tourist excursions if you're willing to explore. The real question is not where are you building the car, but where are you going to enjoy it on an island that you can drive entirely around in less than three hours. That's the one thing that I would miss if living there is the ability to go out and find a new curvy road to drive.
    Thanks for commenting!

We have been in Hawaii (between Oahu and Maui) for about 3 years. Although this island is only 112 miles around you would not be able to drive the circumference in 3 hours, my wife and I take day trips to various points of the island and spend more than 6 hours at time without even getting to other sections. If you know where to go there are roads you can drive fast (for short bursts), and many scenic, curvy roads, look up Tantalus. One of my co-workers lives at the top and bought a new 911 just to have fun back and forth to work! This island no longer has a race track, but they open up Aloha Stadium (where they play the Pro Bowl) for track days. And if you get bored, then for about $400 you can ship your car, round trip, to another island to explore. In my corner of the parking garage of my condo building there are 2 911's, a SLR AMG and a Ferrari, so even if we all can't go crazy driving for hours, we can stretch our legs now and then!
    "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria."

818 (Chassis #34) Delivered 9/25/2013, First start 3/2/2014, First drive 4/5/2014, Registered 8/28/2015, First Dyno 3/18/2016, First SCCA event 4/3/2016, First car show HIN Honolulu 4/23/2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    I seriously can't believe that's the same engine. VERY good job, dude!
    Thanks so much for the compliment! When its all done and buried under the body no one will be able to appreciate the effort. I will be getting custom fuel rails, braided fuel lines and upgraded fuel pressure regulator to keep it clean and interesting looking. My "getto" boost setup uses a fuel management unit to increase fuel pressure in relationship to boost. This and other "tricks" to keep the stock computer operating the engine without throwing codes.

I am trying to eliminate every ounce of uneeded material/wires/parts. I even took the time to cut off all unneeded bungs on the intake before I coated it with bedliner (to maintain textured look), silver metalic paint, and red topcoat.

image.jpg
    "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria."

818 (Chassis #34) Delivered 9/25/2013, First start 3/2/2014, First drive 4/5/2014, Registered 8/28/2015, First Dyno 3/18/2016, First SCCA event 4/3/2016, First car show HIN Honolulu 4/23/2016