Finally time to begin my journey to building an 818R. I have been learning a lot scouring this forum, build threads, and other technical forums the past year. I bought an EJ207 engine June 2020 and used it as my COVID project to rebuild specifically to put in my build. This was the first time I have taken an engine all the way down to the block and rebuilt it. I then sold my '18 STI in January to buy a truck as a "family" vehicle and to make way for purchasing my kit. Luckily I was able to salvage some items off my STI to set aside for this build. I have always wanted to build a car and have had that goal since high school. Guess the time has finally come to take the plunge.

I just placed my order a couple weeks ago with the completion date of 7/17/21. It seems far off but this will allow me time to get my donor parts, prep them, and get a head start on dieting my harness. My goal is to build a dedicated track and autocross car, but still be able to drive it on the streets. We will see how this pans out on southern California. I did get the S windshield included in my kit.

I have converted the EJ207 over to use USDM electronics so I can use a Cobb AP via OBBII. I had EJ257 intake cams machined, bought all new USDM sensors, created DBW adapter plates, and fitted a USDM STI wiring harness. My original idea was to use all STI parts, but after reading this forum and talking to a few people I am going to be sourcing all of my donor parts from a '06-'07 WRX. Thankfully there is a Subaru wrecking yard in south San Diego I can source everything from.

I am not really looking to fit into a specific race class just yet. My goal is 400hp on E85 at 2000lbs.

Planned Build List:
EJ207 converted to DBW
IAG oil pickup and baffle
Cobb fuel rails and 1050x injectors
Perrin Turbo inlet and ECBS
Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit
Tomei Equal Length header
Legacy Spec B 6sp transmission w/ Comp clutch and light flywheel
AWIC
Oil Cooler
CSF Radiator
Comp Clutch
ATS-V 4 pot Brembos all around
Wilwood pedal assembly

Engine picked up from JDM imported in Long Beach
IMG_0324[1].jpg
Replacing intake cams with machined EJ257 intake cams
IMG_0347.jpg
Reassembled first long block with ARP head studs
IMG_0442.jpg
Designed, 3D printed prototypes, and machined Aluminum DBW intake adapter plates. Referenced a NASIOC thread on converting 16 bit ECU to 32 bit ECU
IMG_0452.jpg
All reassebmled 8 months later and lots of learning
IMG_0764.jpg